Family Friendly Hours
- Youth under the age of 18 who are at Genesee Valley Center after 5pm Friday and Saturday evenings must be under the direct supervision and control of a parent or guardian, 21 years or older, and all parties must comply with Genesee Valley Center’s Code of Conduct Policy.
- To qualify as a partent or guardian, a person must be 21 year or older, but need not be a legal guardian of a child. A parent or guardian who appears to be 21 years of age or younger may be asked to provide a valid picture ID. To accommodate young parents with children, parents 18 to 21 will be allowed to escort their children. Disabled individuals over 17, who need assistance, can be accompanied by an individual under the age of 18.
- A parent or guardian must demonstrate control of the youth(s) he or she is accompanying. Control means that the youth(s) ar acting in accordance with Genesee Valley Center’s Code of Conduct. If an escorted youth is banned from the center, their adult escort may be banned for the same period as well. A parent or guardian must maintain visual contact with the youth(s) he or she is escorting. A guardian may not escort more tahn four unrelated youths under the age of 18. Families larger than four can be escorted by a parent.
- Individuals who cannot produce a valid picture ID will be excluded from Genesee Valley Center during the times the Parental Escort Program is in effect. The Parental Escort Program is in effect Friday and Saturday from 5pm until close. Genesee Valley Center reserves the right to increase and reduce dates and times of restrictions. At 5pm and periodically thereafter, security officers will walk through Genesee Valley Center’s common areas and ask for valid picture ID from individuals who appear to be 21 and under. Acceptable forms of ID include a valid driver’s license, state ID card, visa, passport or military ID.
- Two options are given to youth who cannot prove they are 18 or over, or are under the supervision and control of a parent or guardian. They will either be escorted to a “safe area” to wait for a ride or directed to return home the way they arrived.
- Youth under the age of 18 working int he mall will be allowed access without an escort. Proof of work status will be required and they must go directly to their place of employment and leave upon conclusion of their shift, if after 5pm.